How to Become a Member of First Baptist Mauldin
Faith in Christ needs to be publicly expressed. Therefore, we invite you to respond to the invitation at the conclusion of the service. If you believe in Jesus as Savior and have made a decision to join this church, you may do so by public profession of your faith in Jesus Christ, transfer of your church letter, statement of your faith and prior baptism, or under Watchcare.
- Profession of Faith - You become a Christian by placing your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. You are then encouraged to make public this decision to become a disciple of Christ. In making this decision, you will become a candidate for baptism, receive the prayerful support of fellow Christians, follow your Lord in baptism, and become a member of this fellowship.
- Transfer of Church Letter - As a member of another Southern Baptist church, you may join by transferring your church letter. We will take care of the details of requesting your letter from your former church.
- Statement of Faith - In the event your church membership records are not available or you are coming from another denomination, you may join on your statement of faith in Christ and previous baptism by immersion. If you are coming by another denomination and have never been baptized by immersion,we would be happy to do so and welcome you as a member.
- Watchcare - Persons who will be in the area for a limited time but wish to become a part of First Baptist Mauldin may do so by coming for Watchcare membership. You may present yourself in any of the ways outlined above, except baptism by immersion shall not be required. You will have full privileges of membership except for voting.
- Next Steps As a New Member
- Connection Class
- New Believer
- Small Group