Vision and Values
Our vision: Making disciples of Jesus who will reach the world
Our mission: Discipling believers through personal relationships
Intimacy with God – We are created to be in a love relationship with out designer.
Absolute Biblical Authority – We know that God has given us the Bible as the guide and instruction for living the best life possible.
Authentic Relationships – We are designed to be in community with other believers for mutual support, encouragement, accountability, care and spiritual growth.
Relevant Ministries and Missions – We are given spiritual gifts for building up the body of Christ and sent with a purpose to bring others into a relationship with our loving God.
Making Obedient Disciples – We have been are commissioned to teach others to live out obediently Jesus’ commands.
This Core Value System is best illustrated in our church logo, being that God is represented in the drop that is given to us. The blood that He shed, the baptismal water that symbolizes cleaning, the Spirit bestowed upon us – He is the center of our universe giving us both direction and momentum. When we connect with God, He sets off a chain reaction of response in our life that is characterized by the ripple effect. We confirm and connect with God through the Bible as it is the revelation of who He is and who He designed us to be. From the beginning God designed us to be in community both with Him and other believers. Real relationships are not easy, but instead must be intentional as we seek to love one another, take care of one another and challenge each other to grow into the full likeness of Christ. We realize that we can do more together than we can alone, so God draws us together to minister to the needs of both our church and to reach a world that is in desperate need of a life-giving relationship with our God. We will not be satisfied with going through the motions of ministry and the appearance of simply believing for ourselves, but instead are willing to answer the heart-felt calling to make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey everything that Christ has commanded us. We know that this will make some waves in a world that values a quiet personal faith, but we will not silence, slow down or stop the movement God.
Path to being an Obedient Disciple:
- Repent & Believe, Receive the Holy Spirit – When an individual believes Jesus Christ is God’s son; that they are separated from Him by their own rebellion and sin; they are convicted by the Holy Spirit that they need to ask for forgiveness and turn to follow Jesus Christ and His teaching allowing the Holy Spirit to dwell in them and lead them.
Mark 1:15; John 3:16; John 20:22
- Be Baptized – When a person becomes a follower of Jesus Christ they are to be immersed in water as a public declaration of their faith.
Matthew 28:18-20; Romans 6:1-14
- Crazy Love – If a person is a follower of Jesus Christ they are governed by a self-sacrificing love.
Matthew 22:36-40; John 13:34-35; Luke 10:25-37; Matthew 5:43-48
- Constant Prayer – If a person is a follower of Jesus Christ they will communicate regularly with God for praise, thanksgiving, confession, instruction and requests.
Matthew 6:9-13; Matthew 7:7-8; Luke 18:1-8; John 16:24; 2 Thessalonians 5:17
- Ridiculously Give – If a person is a follower of Jesus Christ they will understand that everything they have belongs to Him and they will use whatever they have been given to support His church and to help others.
Luke 6:38; John 3:16; Hebrews 10:24; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
- Lord’s Supper & Worship – If a person is a follower of Jesus Christ they will gather with other believers to remember and celebrate who God is.
Matthew 26:26-28; Luke 22:19; John 4:24
- Make Disciples – If a person is a follower of Jesus Christ they will strive to tell others who He is, gather in groups to instruct others on His commands and give witness to His work in their own lives.
Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Hebrews 10:25